Monday, October 5, 2015

How Religion Affects Me on a Global Scale

          I am Luthern and baptised, but I do not attend church. I still consider myself religious, though. I think people who are very religious few government issues using a different perspective than those who are not as religious, therefore I do not think that Pope Francis should be able to comment on issues in America. Many of his ideas may correspond with ours, however, some may not. The ones that do not correspond with ours should not influence our thinking.
          During the Pope's address to Congress, he mentioned abortion and the death penalty. Both of these topics may be viewed differently because of the morals that go along with each. Someone who is more religious would think that each were morally wrong, but someone not as religious may disagree. This is just an example of the disagreement between religious and non-religious.
          Personally, I think that abortion shouldn't be allowed and the death penalty should and that's coming from someone who is religious. When making government decisions, religion should not be involved.
          Another important decision made by the US government that was influenced by religion. The decision to legalize gay marriage, in my opinion, took longer than necessary because of religious reasons. This choice does not directly influence me, but it does affect the United States as a country.



No comments:

Post a Comment