Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Beacon Article

          I think that the idea of having a dog for psychological support is a great idea. I know personally when I am feeling down, I love to spend time with my dog. In the article, John Baum states that "15 minutes with a service dog has been proven to change one's brain chemistry by boosting endorphins, reducing stress hormones and even aids building neural pathways." By training Libby to help others, I think it will help society as a whole. Those people that are struggling affect others in their community, but it could be positive or negative. Hopefully, with the help of Libby, the service dog, these people will be better equipped for life in the real world. I also think it is a great idea to have her help Wilkes University, specifically the ROTC program. Everyone who thinks they need help would be able to get it from her. It may not be much, but it is definitely a start to helping those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment